Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Business of Being Born

So I recently discovered the movie of "The Business of Being Born". It's a documentary about women and the choices you have when giving birth. We don't realize how much we have a say in our birth experience.

It provided me with an open eye view of what to expect during labour and how we all have choices to make. What I didn't realize is that intervention isn't necessary most of the time when you give birth at the hospital and satisically 1 in 3 births are now done via CS. This scares the crap out of me. I do not want a CS and I'm leaning more towards a natural birth. It seems painful, difficult and overwhelming but that end results would provide me with something I would never get anywhere else. I think it's a must see for all pregnant women and women planning on getting pregnant. This is information we need to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment